Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An old-fashioned sweet dessert. Serve in individual dishes or parfait glasses topped with cream and/or grated chocolate. Ensure the chocolate and cornflour used are gluten free if you are following a gluten-free diet. You can use either milk or dark chocolate in this recipe.
- 59.14 ml caster sugar (superfine granulated sugar)
- 44.37 ml cornflour (US cornstarch)
- 473.18 ml milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 120 g chocolate, chopped (4 ounces)
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- Place sugar, cornflour, milk and eggs in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the mixture thickens. A balloon whisk would bve great at this point, although you can use a wooden spoon.
- Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Continue to stir.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Pour into serving plates or glasses.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Serve with cream and some extra grated chocolate. Enjoy!
Thank you Jubes, my dh was in flavor heaven. He kept saying mmmmummmm. He ate his and finished mine also. I'm not a big fan of pudding but this one was delicious. Thick, creamy, smooth, silky, rich and decadent. I used extra dark belgium chocolate for a real treat. All it needed was a little whipping cream to send it right over the top. This recipe has gone into my keeper box. Dh has already asked me to make it again, since its so quick and easy to make, he will be a happy camper this winter. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Super easy and supper yummy! I used Dark chocolate and served it martini glasses topped with whipped cream and a sliced strawberry Mmmm YUM! Reviewed for Aussie recipe Swap #20.
This is so easy to put together and delicious. I got 6 serves out of the recipe which was just enough for us. Served with thick cream and shaving of milk and dark chocolate (used 60 grams of each in the pudding). I would also suggest using a balloon whisk when stirring as the mix thickens suddenly and could easily go lumpy. I also put the vanilla essence in step 1 instead of 4 but it didn't seem to have an adverse effect. A definite keeper thank you **Jubes** made for Edition 2 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.