Recipe by grandma2969
these can be made into different shapes...like names or letters to spell Happy Birthday etc..
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- assorted candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla; add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt just till blended.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap one half in plastic wrap; set aside.
- Shape remaining dough by tablespoonfuls into 9" long ropes.
- Twist into pretzel shapes.
- Lightly press into sprinkles.
- Arrange sprinkle side up on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.