Schokoladenpretzel (Chocolate Pretzels)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix 1/2 cup butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Sift cocoa and flour.
- Mix into butter mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Chill dough until firm enough to handle (about 30 minutes).
- Using 2 teaspoons of dough, roll a rope about 12 inches long between your hands.
- Shape into a pretzel as follows: make a loop bout 1 1/2 inches in diameter by crossing the ends, leaving 1-inch tails.
- Flip the loop down over the crossed ends. Press firmly into place.
- Place pretzels on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
- Make frosting in a small bowl.
- Mix cocoa and confectioners' sugar.
- Gradually stir in butter and vanilla.
- If frosting is too thick, thin with milk.
- When pretzels are cool, spread with cocoa frosting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The picture above doesn't look anything like the final product, the dough is a dark chocolate brown and it was a bit plain. But the floating was very sweet and chocolatey. Overall we enjoyed it but they don't look like regular pretzels, they're literally dark chocolate brown colored, but still pretty goodReply
These pretzels taste awesome! They were very easy to make. However, it did take some time to get used to making them into pretzel shape. The frosting does need a little bit of milk and the pretzels were kind of hard to frost. So, I ended up only frosting a few and leaving the rest unfrosted. Leaving the pretzels unfrosted does NOT take away from how delicious they are. Highly recommend for something different!Reply
see 5 more