Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzels
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 35 -40 large thin pretzel twists
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and 3 t. oil until smooth.
- Dip pretzels, shake off excess.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet to set and then refrigerate for one hour.
- Meanwhile melt the peanut butter chips and remaining oil.
- Transfer to a small resealable bag.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of bag, drizzle over 1/2 the pretzels and again refrigerate until hardened.
- Store in a airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made as directed, these were a little tricky for me as they were dripping heavily with chocolate from/to baking tray. I used my stainless steel tongs to manipulate these from the chocolate pot to prepared baking sheets. The recipients of these delectable treasures insist these are no less than 5 stars -- even picky DH who doesn't like 'Zaar recipes! :)Thanks, CoffeeB. Made for Veggie Recipe Swap.
OMG!!! These are delicious and a weak sweet for me, as I love the sweet and salty treats!!!! This is so easy to make, rather than buy the expensive chocolate covered pretzels. We ate some before I added the pb topping and our house prefers it without the pb. Only thing I might suggest to add to the instructions is to refrigerate once coated in chocolate and then again when adding the pb topping. Great easy recipe that will be made often, probably too often, at this house. Thanks CoffeeB for posting. Made for zaar stars tag.
I went crazy this past weekend with chocolate & PB recipes, it seems, but when you love 'em . . . &, of course, it helps when you have a group over to help share in the calories! Found these to be quick & easy, AND enjoyable in the making, much less the eating! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars recipe tag]
see 4 more reviews