Prep 10 mins
Cook 33 mins
From the Dec 2013 Issue of Family Circle Magazine. No servings or yield noted, so this is a guesstimate.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup small pretzels (roughly chopped plus 30 whole pretzels for garnish)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees . In a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar for 2 minutes, until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until just combined. Pour in flour mixture and beat on low until just combined. Carefully fold in chocolate chips and chopped pretzels.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter on baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Press down lightly to flatten. Gently press a whole pretzel on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.