Smoky Baked Ziti and Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ziti pasta or 1 lb penne
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 ounces shredded parmesan cheese (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package fully cooked fire-roasted chicken and turkey sausage, cut into coins
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 8 to 9 minutes. Drain.
- In medium-size bowl, stir together the cheeses, garlic salt, basil, and black pepper.
- In large bowl, stir together cooked pasta, half of the cheese mixture, red pepper, sausage, half of the drained tomatoes, and half of the pasta sauce.
- Spoon pasta mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining drained tomatoes, pasta sauce, and cheese mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!