Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From the Weekend magazine dated Dec 20-26'2002.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Keep aside.
- Now cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the essence.
- Add in the flour mixture alternating with the dissolved coffee and buttermilk.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Turn out onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Slice and serve.