This recipe is from Rold Gold pretzels.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the crust ingredients together.
- 2Press half of the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- 3Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes.
- 4For the filling, combine the sugar, cornstarch, milk and cornstarch in the top of a double boiler.
- 5Cook over boiling water until the mixture has thickened, stirring constantly.
- 6Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 7Stir a bit of the hot chocolate mixture into the egg yolks in order to temper (raise the temperature of) the eggs and keep them from scrambling.
- 8Add the tempered yolks to the chocolate mixture, stirring constantly and thoroughly.
- 9Cool the mixture.
- 10Add the vanilla extract to the chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- 11Pour the chocolate filling into the pretzel crust.
- 12Top with the remaining pretzel mixture.
- 13Chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Pie With Pretzel Crust
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.2
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 101.7 mg
- Sodium 727.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 9.6 g