peanut butter patties
- 88.74 ml peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 29.58 ml confectioners' sugar
ice cream base
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 59.14 ml unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml smooth peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- For Peanut Butter Patties.
- Stir together the peanut butter and sugar in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Cover a dinner plate with plastic wrap.
- Using a spoon and your finger, scoop up small pieces of the peanut butter mixture, about ½ teaspoon each, and drop them onto the wrap covered dinner plate.
- It may help to refrigerate the peanut butter for a few minutes, to make it less sticky.
- Once you’ve used all of the mixture, put the plate in the freezer overnight.
- For Ice Cream Base.
- Whisk together the half-and-half, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan.
- Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil (it will start to foam up).
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the peanut butter, stirring until thoroughly blended.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- After you’ve removed the ice cream from the machine, stir in the peanut butter patties by hand.