Prep 30 mins
Cook 42 mins
From Family Circle Magazine January 2009
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- whipped cream, chopped peanuts, chocolate-peanut butter candies and caramel sauce, to garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line pan with foil, allowing sides to overhang; spray foil.
- In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar.
- Mix in melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions for cakelike brownies (adding 1/4 cup water, 1/3 cup oil and 3 eggs).
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into crust-lined pan.
- Return to 350°F oven; bake until brownie is just set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- With electric mixer in medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and confectioners' sugar; beat until just blended (it will look lumpy).
- Add milk; beat lightly to loosen mixture.
- In separate bowl, whip 1 cup of the cream and gently fold into peanut butter mixture.
- Spread mousse evenly over cooled brownie.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until just boiling.
- Remove from heat; add corn syrup and chocolate chips.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour glaze over chilled mousse and spread to cover completely.
- Return to refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Run a small knife around inside of pan and lift out brownie.
- Heat knife under hot running water and trim edges.
- Slice brownie, rinsing knife after each cut, into 5 strips about 1-1/2 inches wide.
- Cut each strip into 5 pieces about 1-1/2 inches square.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with whipped cream, nuts, candy and caramel sauce.