Recipe by muffyn
I came up with this recipe so I could have "cake" for breakfast and get away with it!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate, chips*
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt.
- In a separate bowl or large measure, combine the egg, orange juice, and vegetable oil.
- Stir into the dry ingredients until all ingredients are moistened.
- Remove half of the batter into another bowl.
- Stir cocoa into half of the batter, set aside. Stir orange peel into the remaining batter.
- Place paper liners into a 12-muffin pan.
- Holding pan at an angle, spoon orange batter into sides of cups.
- Fill other side of muffin cups with chocolate batter. (Swirl batters if desired.)
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.