Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Our family favorite around Halloween & Thanksgiving
Make and share this Chocolate Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups oats, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- candy corn
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, oats, soda, cinnamon,and salt and set aside.
- Cream butter and gradually add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.
- Alternate mixing dry ingredients, wet ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips and raisins.
- Place a heaping tablespoon for each pumpkin cookie onto the slightly greased cookie sheet. (Some creative people even add a stem to the top of each pumpkin)
- Bake at 350 until cookies are firm and lightly browned (I usually bake on the middle rack for about 12 minutes or so, and then I move them to the top rack for about 2 or more minutes to give them that golden brown top.).
- Place cookies onto a rack or wax paper to cool.
- Place one candy corn on top of each cookie while the cookies are still warm.