Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My father loves chocolate and oatmeal, enough said. I came up with this cookie recipe and I knew that more than just one would love this cookie. Enjoy this cookie with a tall glass of milk! Any kind of nut can be used in this recipe. My father would have preferred walnuts, but the cupboard didn't supply me with any walnuts!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dark unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and gradually stir into the wet mixture. Stir in the chips and nuts until just combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto a greased baking sheet. Bake until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.