1/2 Photos of Chocolate Oatmeal
A nice change from flavoring or sweetening your oatmeal with brown sugar or maple syrup. This is a real treat for kids and kids-at-heart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat milk and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan over medium heat until begining to simmer.
- 2Reduce heat and add oats, cocoa and sugar.
- 3Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- 4If you want your oatmeal thick or watery, this is where you determine the consistency- don't stop until it's pretty much at the consistency you would like.
- 5Cover and let sit for about 5 minutes (this cooks the oatmeal more thoroughly).
- 6Remove cover, stir and serve.
- 7Garnish with chocolate chips, nuts, and/or fruit if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 122.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 14.0 g