1/2 Photos of Chocolate Oat Bran Cookies With Chocolate Chips
A very good cookie. From "The high fiber cookbook for diabetics" by Mabel Cavaiani, R.D.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup water, at room temperature
- 1/4-1/2 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup egg white (3 to 4 medium)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1Mix oat bran and water, let stand at room temperature for 30-45 minutes .
- 2(This timing is very important.) Cream margarine, sugar and sugar substitute together until light and fluffy.
- 3Add egg whites and vanilla and mix at medium speed for 30 seconds Scrape down the bowl Stir flour, cocoa, soda, dry buttermilk and salt together to blend well.
- 4Add to the creamed mixture along with the oat bran mixture and mix at medium speed to blend.
- 5Add chocolate chips to dough Drop by tablespoonful onto cookie sheets that have been sprayed with pan spray or lined with aluminum foil.
- 6Bake at 375° for 12 minutes.
- 7(The cookies will not be crisp if they are not baked the full length of time.) Remove from hot cookie sheets to wire racks to cool.
- 8Use 1 cookie per serving.
- 9This recipe is a good source of fiber.
- 10Food exchanges per serving (1 cookie): 2/3 bread and 1 fat Low sodium diets: omit salt, use salt-free margarine Low-cholesterol diets: May be used as written.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Oat Bran Cookies With Chocolate Chips
Serving Size: 1 (841 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 90.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g