Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a twist on the usual fudges out there. I didn't have enough chocolate on hand, so I came up with a worthy substitution. I think it's a winner-no complaints at my house.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 0.5 (13 ounce) jar nutella
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 dash salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- Butter an 8" square pan.
- Optional step: spread walnuts out on a sheet of foil and pop into 350* oven for 5-8 minutes, until nuts are golden and fragrant. Coarsely chop nuts and set aside.
- In a 1 quart glass bowl, combine the chocolate chips, Nutella, sweetened condensed milk, and salt in a bowl.
- Microwave (HIGH) mixture for 3 minutes, taking it out halfway through and stirring well and returning it for the remaining time. I needed the whole 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove hot bowl and stir in vanilla and nuts(if desired).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Chill for 2 hours. It sets up almost immediately.
- After it's been chilled, score and cut fudge into bite size pieces. Enjoy!
I wanted to make a nutella fudge recipe but wanted to make it like real fudge. I heated it until it got to 140 F and then stirred in pecans. I think I may have mixed it too much to get the pecans to mix in because it hardened too much. It still tastes pretty amazing though. Next time I'll either omit the nuts or add them before I reach temp.
i wanted to use up my nutella and i tried this recipie. It was such a hit at work and was very very creamy and yummy. I added pecans and it was great.
After reading the reviews of this recipe and comparing to similar recipes, I altered this just a bit, to favorable reviews from roommates--I put in a scant 3/4 cup of nutella, which is a little more than half the jar; I omitted the salt; and to finish it off, I put a few dollops of straight nutella on top of the fudge once it was spread in the pan, and then dragged a knife through it to create a swirly pattern. This had the effect of insuring that the fudge was good and nutella-y, since one review said it didn't taste enough like nutella. I also left out the walnuts--would've put in some hazelnuts if I had them, but it is delicious enough even without any nuts at all. All in all, it was delicious!