1/2 Photos of Chocolate Nirvana Cake
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Cake Creations and Catering's Note:
Dense moist chocolate cake layered with ganache, homemade caramel sauce, fresh whipped cream and toasted pecans!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup lt corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 3 round cake pans(I also line the bottom with waxed paper). Set aside.Put water on to boil.
- 3Mix together flour, soda and salt. set aside.
- 4Beat together butter and sugar until light.
- 5Add eggs and vanilla.
- 6Add chocolate and beat 1-2 minutes.
- 7Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture, alternating with buttermilk.Beat until smooth.
- 8Slowly add boiling water, beating until completely smooth-batter will be thin.
- 9Pour into pans. Bake 35-40 mins, until tester comes out clean.
- 10While baking, make ganache, caramel and whipped cream.
- 11Cool cakes in pans for 10 mins, then unmold onto racks to finish cooling.
- 12CARAMEL-cook sugar, corn syrup and butter over low heat until 242*. Remove from heat and add cream and vanilla.Cool. Will thicken as it cools.
- 13GANACHE-Melt butter, chocolate chips and cream over low heat.Whisk in almond extract. Cool.
- 14WHIPPED CREAM- Whisk cream until it just begins to thicken, then add pudding powder. whisk until ready.Refrigerate.
- 15PECANS- put butter on a cookie sheet& melt in oven (can toast pecans while baking cake)- when butter is melted, toss pecans in pan until coated. bake @ 350 until toasty smelling (~10 mins- watch carefully, they burn easily!)Salt to taste.
- 16When everything is cool, assemle the cake:.
- 17Place first layer on cake plate. Plop 1/3 of the whipped cream onto cake. Drizzle caramel and chocolate over cream. Repeat for next 2 layers, but be a little "artistic" with the top layer-oozing the caramel and chocolate over the sides of the cake. Sprinkle liberally with pecans!
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Nirvana Cake
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1645.4
- Calories from Fat 850
- Total Fat 94.5 g
- Saturated Fat 53.2 g
- Cholesterol 272.0 mg
- Sodium 992.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 201.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 140.5 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla instant pudding mix