Recipe by K & c
Found in an article in prevention magazine regarding Healthy Chocolate Recipes. I have yet to try it, but wanted to keep it for safe keeping, and I will update the entry as soon as I do.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very tasty and easy! As stated by another reviewer, this is not an airy mousse, but rich and creamy. I subbed almond extract for the vanilla, and will try it with other extracts also. Would be good with orange or raspberry extract. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 (8 ounce) container frozen light whipped dessert topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch. Whisk in the milk. Whisk over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Stir in vanilla, and cool.
- fold in the whipped topping. Divide among dessert dishes, Chill for at least 1 hour.
- To modify into Mocha Dream Pies.
- prepare as above adding 2 tsp coffee to the sugar mixture in the saucepan. Divide among 6 single-serving graham cracker tart cups. Sprinkle with cooa powder.