Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found in an article in prevention magazine regarding Healthy Chocolate Recipes. I have yet to try it, but wanted to keep it for safe keeping, and I will update the entry as soon as I do.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 (8 ounce) container frozen light whipped dessert topping
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch. Whisk in the milk. Whisk over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Stir in vanilla, and cool.
- fold in the whipped topping. Divide among dessert dishes, Chill for at least 1 hour.
- To modify into Mocha Dream Pies.
- prepare as above adding 2 tsp coffee to the sugar mixture in the saucepan. Divide among 6 single-serving graham cracker tart cups. Sprinkle with cooa powder.
Very tasty and easy! As stated by another reviewer, this is not an airy mousse, but rich and creamy. I subbed almond extract for the vanilla, and will try it with other extracts also. Would be good with orange or raspberry extract. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.
This was very , very good! For me , it didn't turn out like a light airy mousse though ... it is like a very creamy cooked pudding , with a good chocolate flavor!! Even though it didn't turn out like mousse , I'm keeping it in my regular rotation anyway! Creamy deliciousness! And not bad on the calories either!! Thanks for posting K&W&c !!