This is a great Passover dessert or for all year round. I got this out of the Spice and Spirit cookbook. It is a family favorite.
- Beat egg whites with 1/4 cup of sugar and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips, and margarine.
- Remove from heat and let cool a few minutes.
- Beat egg yolks, with 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate and mix.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour half in to a greased springform or tube pan. Put rest in refrigerator.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. It will rise nicely and then fall.
- When it is cool, pour rest of refrigerated mixture on top and put in freezer for several hours.