Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mint chocolate chips
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup butter, Softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, Unbleached
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, Sifted
- 1⁄2 cup mint chocolate chips (Use 1 10-oz bag of Nestles Mint-Chocolate Chips and divide into 1 cup and 1/2 cup.)
- 2 tablespoons almonds, Toasted, Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water, 1 cup of mint chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, confectioners' sugar, and egg yolk.
- Beat until creamy.
- Add melted chips and flour; beat until well blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 3 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine over hot (not boiling) water the remaining 1/2 cup of mint-chocolate chips and vegetable shortening.
- Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle each cookie with 1/2 t of the glaze; sprinkle with almonds.
- Chill until set.
- Stor in airtight container in the refrigerator.
These were really great. The cookie-ish thing itself is rather mild, so it makes a good foil for the lovely glaze. Just the right amount of mint, too. By the way, the calories listed here are for 2 - 3 cookies, not one. :)
These were awesome!! I made these and had to substitute Andes Mint Chips because that's all I could find. The glaze is a yummy addition to the cookie! Don't leave it off! I did omit the almonds because my family "doesn't do nuts"... Great recipe! Thanks!