Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Picked up a St. Paddy's Day cookbook at the grocery and this was in it. A twist on the many mock eclair recipes this one with mint flavors and flavored graham crackers. Very pretty and really yummy! Cooking time is chilling time.
- 23 whole chocolate graham crackers
- 3 cups cold 2% low-fat milk (or skim)
- 2 (4 ounce) packages white chocolate pudding mix (2 pkg 4 oz size each) or 2 (4 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix (2 pkg 4 oz size each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint or 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Line bottom of pan with 3 cracker halves and 6 whole crackers and set aside.
- Whisk milk & pudding mixes 2 minutes in large bowl until thickened.
- Whisk in extract and food coloring.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Spread 1/2 of mixture over graham crackers in pan.
- Repeat with same amount of crackers as before.
- Spread remaining pudding over crackers.
- Repeat with cracker layer to finish.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Prepare frosting by melting butter in small saucepan.
- Stir in cocoa and both milks until blended.
- Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread frosting on top of top layer of graham crackers.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Oh my gosh! I made this exactly as written, except that following the amounts for the frosting didn't make enough to cover the top so I added a partial can of ready made frosting (Dark Chocolate). I took it to my Ladies Bible Study and everyone raved about it. They all mentioned that it tasted like the Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies. They must have liked it. Everyone had seconds!
This was good but I wanted a bit more from the filling so next time I will up the mint and maybe use half the cool whip so it has more substance. All in all though a good recipe and one I will definitely make again.
Great recipe. Very easy!! I made it exactly as directed. I refrigerated it overnight and my husband took it to work for St. Patrick's Day. It was a huge hit. It is light and creamy with just the right amount of mint.(I'm not a huge fan of mint)