Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These brownies have Andes mints in the middle layer of the brownie. The bottom and top layers are a fudgy delight! The combo is heaven! Got this recipe from Paula Deen's Chocolate Celebration from her special collection magazines.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 (4 2/3 ounce) boxesunwrapped Andes mints candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13X9 inch baking pan with heavy duty aluminum foil. Lightly grease the foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and cocoa, stirring well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs at medium speed with and electric mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Slowly beat in butter mixture.
- Add flour, salt, and vanilla, beating until just combined. Spread half of the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan. Place mints, side by side, in an even layer over chocolate mixture. Carefully spread remaining chocolate mixture over mints, sealing edges. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.