1/1 Photo of Chocolate Marzipan Sugar Cookies
From the local paper. Posted for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) package marzipan, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a food processor, combine both sugars and the marzipan. Process until they resemble a fine sand, about 1 minute
- 3Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add the butter, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt and egg.
- 4Use an electric mixter to beat until smooth, scraping down the bowl once during mixing, about 2 minute.
- 5Add flour and cocoa powder and mix until incorporated, scraping down the bowl once dufing mixing, about 1 minute The dough should be very stiff.
- 6Baking in batches, drop 1 T. balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches around all sides. Bake on the oven's lower rack until cookies are flat and have a crackled surface, about 10 minute.
- 7The cookies will be very soft. Let them cool for 5 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a rack to cook completely. If desired, once the cookies are cool, dust them with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Marzipan Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1108.8
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.9 g
- Cholesterol 184.0 mg
- Sodium 824.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 86.4 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: