Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the local paper. Posted for safe keeping.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (7 ounce) package marzipan, cut into chunks
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine both sugars and the marzipan. Process until they resemble a fine sand, about 1 minute
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add the butter, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt and egg.
- Use an electric mixter to beat until smooth, scraping down the bowl once during mixing, about 2 minute.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and mix until incorporated, scraping down the bowl once dufing mixing, about 1 minute The dough should be very stiff.
- Baking in batches, drop 1 T. balls of dough on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches around all sides. Bake on the oven's lower rack until cookies are flat and have a crackled surface, about 10 minute.
- The cookies will be very soft. Let them cool for 5 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a rack to cook completely. If desired, once the cookies are cool, dust them with powdered sugar.
These cookies were absolutely delicious! Admittedly, I am partial to marzipan, but these were seriously awesome. My tube of marzipan was 8 ounces, so I used a little more than the recipe called for, but they turned out perfectly. I made an almond butter cream frosting, but honestly the cookies were better all on their own, they have such a delicate almond flavor, and mixed with the chocolate, oh my gosh...I think these were the best cookies I've ever made!
Followed the recipe exactly and they were very good, but not quite enough oomph to give them 5 stars. I think I would try without the cocoa to make them a little more Scandinavian-y.
I just finished making these and they turned out fantastic! Chewy and delicious. The marzipan flavour is there but subtle. Very good and highly recommended!