Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This can be for any time -- especially the holidays just by using colored marshmallows instead of all white ones.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips, stirring constantly, until blended.
- Remove from heat, cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in marshmallows and nuts; do not allow the marshmallows to melt.
- On wax paper, shape mixture into to 7-inch rolls.
- Wrap in foil; refrigerate about 20 minutes. At this point, ff desired, too coat rolls, roll in addition nuts.
- Otherwise, refrigerate overnight.
- Cut rolls into 1/4 inch slices and store in airtight container ina cool dry place.
This is the same recipe I use, except that I use 4 cups of chocolate chips. Also, after having chilled the chocolate "log" for 5-10 minutes, I like to top it with more walnuts & then chill.