Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
chocolate brownie-like cookies with a marshmallow center frosted with chocolate frosting. This one came from an older lady friend (Amy Walling) I knew as a kid who also taught me to crochet. This cookie is not for someone who is watching their figure, very decadent. I always double the batch because these cookies do not last long and you have enough frosting for a double batch.
- cream together butter and sugar with a hand held electric mixer.
- Add egg, then vanilla and milk.
- Then add flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa.
- Drop by spoonfuls on to a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 8 minutes
- Then press marshmallow (cut side down) on to cookie.
- Put cookies back in oven for 2 more minutes.
- Let cookies cool then frost.
- In a sauce pan combine sugar, milk and butter.
- Bring to a boil, stir and remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips to hot mixture and let cool stirring occasionally. Frosting will come together as it cools.
Decadent is an understatement! The chewy chocolate cookie combined with the gooey marshmallow filling and the fudge-like frosting really makes for an indulgent and delicious treat. Be careful to not let the cooked frosting sit too long before using it, mine started to set up while trying to frost the last half dozen cookies.
Wow - one of the easiest and most decadently delicious recipes I've baked!
It's snowy and cold here and my 3 year old and I were looking for a recipe to make to go with some hot chocolate after building a snowman. These were so simple to make - she did the cookie and I did the frosting!
My little miss loves to bake but isn't very patient so the quick bake time was very appealing. I only made half the quantity of frosting and would say that's plenty to give a little spot on the top without making these too sweet.....that said, it's so delicious, I could have eaten it straight from the pan lol!
Not diet friendly in the slightest but having spent two hours running round in the freezing snow, we earned such a delicious treat!
This recipe has gone instantly to my favourites folder for future treats! Thanks for sharing.
I found this recipe yesterday morning and I have since made two batches of these cookies. I absolutely love them. I did not make the icing to go on top of the cookies and I truly believe it's not necessary, they are fluffy, moist and decadent all on their own. Besides that omission, I didn't change the recipe at all (except substituting soy milk for regular milk, which turned out just fine) and I wouldn't because it is perfect as is. The cookies (more fudge or cake-like, really) were a huge hit with my boyfriend and even my grandma, my baking idol. Extremely quick to put together and instructions are easy to follow. Absolutely fantastic recipe!