Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These cookies are simply delicious and so easy to prepare! A sure kid-pleaser!
- Ready In:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces mini marshmallows, frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; set aside.
- Combine sugars in large bowl. Using an electric mixer blend in butter, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and the chocolate chips, blend at a low speed until combined. Batter will be stiff.
- Gather about four marshmallows in the palm of your hand and cover them with a heaping tablespoon of dough. Wrap the cookie around the marshmallows, completely encasing them and forming a 2-inch-diameter dough ball.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets, 2-inches apart. Bake 10- 12 minutes. Cool on pan for two minutes then transfer to cool flat surface.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Oh my, these are a treat. I don't know how big the cookies are that are specified in the recipe, but I made half of this recipe and ended up with 13 very large cookies (using the 4 mini marshmallows in the center). I don't see how you could make them much smaller while still sufficiently covering all of the marshmallows. These are a chocolately, gooey treat! 5 stars!! Cooked for 10 minutes, followed recipe exactly, came out great!Reply
I have made these cookies several times and they are delicious. The key to getting these to come out with a nice marshmallow center is to keep the marshmallows frozen for as long as possible before encasing them in the dough. I will only take a small amount of marshmallows out of the freezer at the time.Reply
see 1 more