Recipe by DebS #2
The traditional birthday cake in our family. The cherries are a nice surprise when you take a bite of this chocolate cake. I add any nuts I have on hand but almonds are my personal favorite! When making a layer cake be sure to use parchment paper or the layers will break when you try to flip them out.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 28.34 g unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 118.29 ml nuts, chopped
- 414.03 ml cake flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 141.74 g cherries, chopped include juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour pans (9x13 or 2 8" round pans).
- Sift flour and soda.
- cream butter and sugar.
- add egg, melted chocolate nuts and cherries and juice to creamed mixture.
- add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately.
- Pour into pans
- Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Frost with Ganache.