Recipe by HokiesMom
This is the bonanza of all muffin recipes - chocolate and macadamia nuts all in one muffin. Easy to throw together and tasty enough to serve at a brunch, give as a gift or have on a holiday tray.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
- Melt the 1 cup of chocolate morsels in microwave and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Stir in macadamia nuts and the other 1/2 cup chocolate morsels.
- In a small bowl, combine melted chocolate, sour cream, eggs and oil.
- Stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture just until moistened (do not over-mix).
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until muffins pass a toothpick test in center. Cool 5 minutes and remove from cups to cool completely on wire rack.