Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a copycat version of Olive Garden's Chocolate Lasagna. For you Chocolate lovers out there!
Make and share this Chocolate Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with the rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, and salt in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs and oil in the center of the well and mix with a fork to form a thick dough.
- Knead the dough for 15 minutes until it is smooth and shiny, adding more flour if necessary to keep the dough from sticking.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for half an hour.
- Roll the pasta out by hand or with a machine and cut into eight 4 1/2 x 11 inch strips.
- Cook two strips at a time in boiling salted water.
- Cook just 20 seconds after the water returns to a boil.
- Plunge the noodles into cold water to stop the cooking.
- When cooled, place on towels in a single layer to drain.
- Combine all filling ingredients (except chocolate) and mix until smooth.
- To assemble: generously butter an 8 x 11 x 2 inch pan.
- Alternate layers of noodles, cheese filling, and chocolate, ending with a cheese layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is lightly colored.
- Let the lasagna stand for 10 minutes to solidify, then serve warm.
Sign the petition to bring the chocolate lasagna back to Olive Garden. Updated as of 10/2008 http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/bring-back-chocolate-lasagna
This recipe looked tempting to make. However, there are a few errors to be aware of. DO NOT preheat oven in step 1 or your oven will be on for more than a hour before the lasagna is ready to bake. Also, your pasta dough will require a little water to become doughy--otherwise you will end up with uncohesive chocolate flour. Lastly, the final product did not taste well at all. The filling was delicious by itself as the chocolate and ricotta cheese partenered VERY well. The creation as a whole was very disappointing.