Top Review by Mysterygirl
I chose this recipe because the use of the marshmallows intrigued me. For me, perhaps because I try to watch the amount of sugar in my diet this was almost too rich for me. I needed coffee to cut that richness. However, DH had no problem eating it and enjoyed it very much.
- 10 1⁄2 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping, defrosted divided
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free whipped topping, defrosted divided
- 1 cup crushed chocolate graham cracker crumbs (or chocolate wafer cookies)
Directions See How It's Made
- You will also need: 8 champagne flutes. In a large, microwave-safe glass bowl, mix the marshmallows with the milk and the coffee powder. Cover the bowl with a glass plate and microwave the mixture for 2 minutes on high or until there are no lumps remaining when it is stirred. Put the bowl in the refrigerator and allow the mixture to cool completely. It could take up to an hour.
- Remove the marshmallow mixture from the refrigerator and beat in the Kahlua using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer. Then add 1 cup of the whipped topping and whisk it inches Next fold in another cup of the whipped topping using a spatula.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon of the crumbs into one of the flutes. Then spoon enough pie mixture into the flute so that it is approximately half-full (approximately 1/4 cup). Top that will another tablespoon of crumbs. Then add enough additional pie filling to almost fill the flute.
- Top it with a dollop of remaining whipped topping and lightly sprinkle the top with additional crumbs.
- Repeat the procedure until all 8 flutes are filled.
- Refrigerate them until the filling sets, approximately 2 hours.