Recipe by Jellyqueen
I can't take any credit for this recipe. I found it in the King Arthur website. It was submitted by jlydia127. I loved it because I love Kahlua. I used Dana's Kahlua. It is a really rich cake, but wonderful.
Top Review by Dianne Clewien
I made this cake on a Wednesday just to see if would like it. I had to make another one on the following Saturday for our Family reunion dinner. It was a smashing success. No changes made. Excellent flavor. The Kahlua really comes through the longer it sets.But it doesn't get to set very long around my house. Good job Jellyqueen.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua (I used Dana's homemade Kahlua)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- powdered sugar, for dusting finished cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Oil a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat with mixer about 3 minutes.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate for best flavor.