Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love chocolate, I love honey. When I saw this in a magazine I couldn't wait to make it. Original recipe calls for 3 tablespoons vegetable oil which I substituted for apple sauce.
- 2 ounces baking chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking pan holding 8 cups.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler, set aside.
- Sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon, set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, apple sauce and honey.
- Add brown sugar and melted chocolate.
- Alternately mix in the dry ingredients and the orange juice.
- Stir in chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake (on lower rack) for 40 minutes.
- When done, an inserted skewer should come out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
Thank you for posting this rich and tasty recipe. I did not have mini chocolate chips so I put regular chips in the food processor and chopped them slightly. I think that either it would have been better with the oil or I should have used more applesauce.