I love chocolate, I love honey. When I saw this in a magazine I couldn't wait to make it. Original recipe calls for 3 tablespoons vegetable oil which I substituted for apple sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking pan holding 8 cups.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler, set aside.
- Sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon, set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, apple sauce and honey.
- Add brown sugar and melted chocolate.
- Alternately mix in the dry ingredients and the orange juice.
- Stir in chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake (on lower rack) for 40 minutes.
- When done, an inserted skewer should come out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.