1/1 Photo of Chocolate Honey Cake
Chef Dudo's Note:
I love chocolate, I love honey. When I saw this in a magazine I couldn't wait to make it. Original recipe calls for 3 tablespoons vegetable oil which I substituted for apple sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a baking pan holding 8 cups.
- 3Melt chocolate in double boiler, set aside.
- 4Sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon, set aside.
- 5In large bowl, beat eggs, apple sauce and honey.
- 6Add brown sugar and melted chocolate.
- 7Alternately mix in the dry ingredients and the orange juice.
- 8Stir in chocolate chips (optional).
- 9Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- 10Bake (on lower rack) for 40 minutes.
- 11When done, an inserted skewer should come out clean.
- 12Let cool for 15 minutes.
- 13Remove from pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Honey Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2769.1
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 1233.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 586.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 362.4 g
- Protein 47.5 g