1/2 Photos of Chocolate-Guinness Cheesecake
1 hr 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe by M. Wassenaar at Allrecipes.com. Time does not include the 45 minutes rest in the turned-off oven, nor the 4 hour chill in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup crushed chocolate cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese, softened (3 8-oz packages)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 lb semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup stout beer (e.g. Guinness)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Liberally butter a 9 inch springform pan, then wrap the base in heavy-duty foil. Set a kettle on to boil.
- 2In a small bowl, mix the crushed chocolate cookies, butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, and cocoa until well moistened. Press into the bottom of the prepared springform pan; use a glass or measuring cup to pack the crust down firmly.
- 3Place the cream cheese in a large bowl (or the work bowl of a stand mixer) and beat with an electric mixer set to low speed until smooth. Slowly add 1 cup sugar, then the eggs, one at a time. Continue beating until smooth.
- 4Combine the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Beat the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture. Add the sour cream, salt, beer, and vanilla; blend until smooth. Pour the mixture over the crust. Place the pan into a large, deep baking dish. Place the pan on the middle rack of your oven. Fill the dish with boiling water halfway up the side of the springform pan.
- 5Bake the cheesecake in the water bath in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Turn oven off, leaving the cheesecake in the oven with oven door slightly ajar another 45 minutes; remove from oven. Run a thin knife along the edge of the cheesecake to loosen from pan. Chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
- 6Melt the semisweet chocolate in a small bowl using the microwave (stir every 20 seconds until fully melted). Make chocolate clovers by dropping 3 small drops of melted chocolate close to one another on waxed paper. Drag a toothpick from between two dots outward to make the stem; chill until hardened. Arrange the chocolate clovers on top of the chilled cheesecake for decoration.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Guinness Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.9
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 132.5 mg
- Sodium 282.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g