Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
A southern tradition! My grandmother made this for us as a special treat when we spent the night.
Make and share this Chocolate Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter over medium low heat.
- When melted, add flour and cocoa and stir until slightly thickened.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and the pinch of salt.
- Continue to stir over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Serve over hot biscuits.
Love the way hubby makes this for me. :)
Wonderful chocolate gravy!!!!! very easy and i warmed some up the next day it is great.
I needed a chocolate fix tonight and this helped me feel better. I used 3/4 cup of white sugar instead of just 1/2 a cup. I had some of this gravy by itself and the rest,I swirled over a plain yellow sponge cake. It was really a mood lifter! Thanks very much for the much needed choc fix!