Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
A southern tradition! My grandmother made this for us as a special treat when we spent the night.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (NOT margarine)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt the butter over medium low heat.
- When melted, add flour and cocoa and stir until slightly thickened.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and the pinch of salt.
- Continue to stir over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Serve over hot biscuits.
Love the way hubby makes this for me. :)
Wonderful chocolate gravy!!!!! very easy and i warmed some up the next day it is great.
I needed a chocolate fix tonight and this helped me feel better. I used 3/4 cup of white sugar instead of just 1/2 a cup. I had some of this gravy by itself and the rest,I swirled over a plain yellow sponge cake. It was really a mood lifter! Thanks very much for the much needed choc fix!