5 hrs 30 mins
Luscious chocolate-hazelnut-citrus indulgence. Cook time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces plain chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (alternatively, use vanilla wafers)
- 9 ounces mascarpone cheese or 9 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin, powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1Lightly oil the base of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- 2Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the crushed cookies and press on to the base of the pan with clean fingers or the back of a spoon.
- 3Chill while preparing the filling.
- 4In a bowl, cream the sugar, Nutella and mascarpone or cream cheese until smooth.
- 5Add the melted chocolate and Grand Marnier and stir gently to combine.
- 6In a small glass bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the 1/4 cup of hot water (according to instructions on package).
- 7Fold the gelatin into the filling mixture along with the whipped cream.
- 8Pour this mixture over the base.
- 9Refrigerate for 4-5 hours, uncovered; do not unmold.
- 10To prepare the sauce, add the cream to the melted chocolate while it is still hot and stir in a tablespoon of Grand Mariner (or more to taste).
- 11When the cheesecake has set, pour the sauce over the top while it is still in the mold.
- 12Set back in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before unmolding and serving.
- 13Garnish with orange zest or crushed hazelnuts, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Grand Marnier Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.8
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 248.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of