Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook5 hrs 30 mins
Luscious chocolate-hazelnut-citrus indulgence. Cook time is chilling time.
Make and share this Chocolate Grand Marnier Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces plain chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (alternatively, use vanilla wafers)
- 9 ounces mascarpone cheese or 9 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin, powder
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup nutella
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate, melted
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- Lightly oil the base of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the crushed cookies and press on to the base of the pan with clean fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Chill while preparing the filling.
- In a bowl, cream the sugar, Nutella and mascarpone or cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and Grand Marnier and stir gently to combine.
- In a small glass bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the 1/4 cup of hot water (according to instructions on package).
- Fold the gelatin into the filling mixture along with the whipped cream.
- Pour this mixture over the base.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours, uncovered; do not unmold.
- To prepare the sauce, add the cream to the melted chocolate while it is still hot and stir in a tablespoon of Grand Mariner (or more to taste).
- When the cheesecake has set, pour the sauce over the top while it is still in the mold.
- Set back in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before unmolding and serving.
- Garnish with orange zest or crushed hazelnuts, if desired.
Wonderful recipe. Relatively easy to make, this delectable cheesecake is creamy and rich all the way through. I would suggest doubling the sauce portion of the recipe.
Fantastic! Everyone loved it and all wanted the recipe. It is so light for a cheesecake. I whipped the 2 1/2 cups of whipping cream and folded it in, making it plentiful and light in texture.