1 hr 45 mins
Cristina Barry's Note:
A flaky crust and a chocolate filling topped with a glistening tumble of raspberries. Bon Appetit, July 2008.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons butter, unsalted, chilled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water, plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kahlua, other coffee flavored liqueur or 1 1/2 teaspoons strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups raspberries, fresh
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam, seedless
- 1Using on/off turns, mix flour, butter and sugar in processor until coarse forms.
- 2Mix egg yolks, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl. Add to processor, mix until moist clumps form.
- 3Gather dough into ball, flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic. Chill 30 minutes.
- 4Dough can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.
- 5Preheat oven to 375.
- 6Butter 9 inch diameter tart pan with removable bottom.
- 7Roll out dough on lightly floured work surface to 12 inch round. Fit dough into pan, trim overhang. Freeze 20 minutes.
- 8Bake crust until golden, 25 minutes. Cool.
- 9Meanwhile, bring cream just to boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat.
- 10Add chocolate, stir until smooth.
- 11Stir in liqueur and vanilla.
- 12Cool ganache 15 minutes.
- 13Transfer cooled crust to platter.
- 14Spoon chocolate ganache into crust and smooth top.
- 15Arrange raspberries atop chocolate.
- 16Stir raspberry jam and 1 1/2 teaspoons water in small saucepan over medium heat until smooth. Brush warm glaze over berries.
- 17Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and let stand room temperature.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Ganache and Raspberry Tart
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.3
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 110.9 mg
- Sodium 113.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g