Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These yummy fudge squares are from a kids microwave cookbook I got when I was a kid. I used to know the recipe off by heart because we made them so often. They are always really popular and I have handed the recipe on many times. Enjoy!!
- 175 g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- hot water
- Put butter, golden syrup, sugar and cocoa in a big bowl.
- Cook on Medium (50% power) for 3 minutes or until butter is melted.
- Take out and stir well.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder, and coconut. Stir well.
- Press evenly into a glass casserole dish, 20cm square.
- Cook on Medium (50% power) for approx 6 minutes. It should bounce back up if you press it lightly.
- Let it cool, and ice with chocolate icing while still warm. (if you ice when too hot the fudge will come apart).
- CHOC ICING - sift icing sugar and cocoa together. Add enough water to mix to a smooth icing.
- Leave until almost cold and then slice.