Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from C.S.R. sugar and what a scrumptious brownie. A chocolate lovers dream and they are so easy to make.
- 375 g chocolate (about 1 pkt dark chocolate melts)
- 200 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup nuts, optional (pecans, walnuts etc.)
- Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat or in the microwave.
- Remove from heat, adding the icing sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and eggs one at a time, stirring well to mix.
- Add flour and nuts if using. (The mixture should be wet and elastic in consistency.)
- Pour into a baking paper lined sponge roll tin 20x30 cm and bake at 180°c for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Leave in the tin to cool.
- When completely cold, lift out and cut into squares.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Very tasty brownies. Pretty easy to make and hard to resist! Thanks for posting Tisme. Made for RECIPE SWAP #48.
Mmm, Tisme, what a sweet treat!!! Decadent, fudgy and just yummy! :) I made half the recipe knowing I wouldnt be able to stop eating these and Im glad I did, cause otherwise Id be the splitting image of santa clause soon...lol Seriously, these brownies are really good and I like how easy they are to make, too. I luved how clear your directions were and apart from using real vanilla (3/4 bean, seeds scraped out) I followed the recipe to a t. It was perfect! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Tisme! Its a definite keeper! Made and reviewed for Ed'n#8-Make My Recipe September 09.
Rich, fudgy, chocolaty! I like the way the name is singular, as if you're going to eat the whole thing as a single serving. Maybe you would, but don't -- the rest of the household is aware of them! Great match to a glass of cold milk. Parchment paper lining the pan is a great idea. Made for the AZ/NZ swap Jan. 2009.