I adopted this recipe from the recipezaar account. The previous owner said "This is the best chocolate frosting I have ever made. It is at its absolute best if not refrigerated after icing the cake. If you try this you will be making it often."
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in ss bowl with 6 1/2 oz unsalted butter.
- Put over pan of simmering water.
- Whisk together as soon as chocolate and butter soften.
- Keep whisking until just melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in espresso and vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa and salt in a bowl.
- Place 5 oz of unsalted butter and 1/2 of the powdered sugar mixture in a Cuisinart food processor.
- Process scraping down sides.
- Add rest of powdered sugar mixture, start processor and slowly pour in cream.
- Process for about 10 seconds.
- Whisk butter/cocoa mixture together with room temperature chocolate/espresso mixture in a large bowl until it becomes shiny and smooth.
- Can be frozen.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
- Yield: Plenty for a 9" layer cake.