1/7 Photos of Chocolate Frosting
I adopted this recipe from the recipezaar account. The previous owner said "This is the best chocolate frosting I have ever made. It is at its absolute best if not refrigerated after icing the cake. If you try this you will be making it often."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in ss bowl with 6 1/2 oz unsalted butter.
- 2Put over pan of simmering water.
- 3Whisk together as soon as chocolate and butter soften.
- 4Keep whisking until just melted and combined.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in espresso and vanilla.
- 6Cool to room temperature.
- 7Whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa and salt in a bowl.
- 8Place 5 oz of unsalted butter and 1/2 of the powdered sugar mixture in a Cuisinart food processor.
- 9Process scraping down sides.
- 10Add rest of powdered sugar mixture, start processor and slowly pour in cream.
- 11Process for about 10 seconds.
- 12Whisk butter/cocoa mixture together with room temperature chocolate/espresso mixture in a large bowl until it becomes shiny and smooth.
- 13Can be frozen.
- 14Bring to room temperature before using.
- 15Yield: Plenty for a 9" layer cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.8
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 108.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g