Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- in the top of a double boiler (or in a saucepan stacked on a smaller one) over hot water, heat cream until warm.
- add chocolate, stirring until melted and smooth.
- remove from heat.
- stir in liquer and transfer immediately to fondue pot over candle flame.
- serve with strawberries; kiwi slices; banana or apple slices.
- for butterscotch fondue, substitute 2tbsp half-and-half heavy cream and 1 tbsp kahlua for amaretto and add 8 oz.
- butterscotch chips.
I was attracted to this recipe because of it's simplicity. It's very good but it's not earth-shattering great. The light undertone flavor of the amaretto was really yummy. The consistency is a little thin so it runs off your dippers plus it's not that sweet, more of a dark smoky flavor. I think next time I'd use half bittersweet chocolate and half milk chocolate for a creamier taste. We used strawberries, bananas and cubed pound cake for dippers. Overall it was a lot of fun.