Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream, reserve 1/4 cup to thin if fondue begins to thicken
- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico (optional) or 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (optional) or 1⁄4 cup almonds (optional)
- hazelnuts or almond biscotti
- salted pretzel stick
- cubed poundcake
- sliced banana
- stem strawberry
- sectioned navel orange
- ripe fresh diced pineapple
- Heat 1/2 cup cream in a heavy non-reactive saucepot over moderate heat until cream comes to a low boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add chocolate. Let the chocolate stand in hot cream 3 to 5 minutes to soften, then whisk chocolate together with the cream.
- Stir in liqueur and/or chopped nuts and transfer the fondue to a fondue pot or set the mixing bowl on a rack above a small lit candle.
- If fondue becomes too thick, stir in reserved cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, to desired consistency.
- Arrange your favorite dippables in piles on a platter along side chocolate fondue with fondue forks, bamboo skewers or seafood forks, as utensils, for dipping.