Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious chocolate filling sandwiched in between a moist light cake with a hint of peanut butter. All the ingredients can be doubled and baked in a 13x9-in baking pan, and also may be made with white cake mix in place of yellow, but I have to admit that the yellow is better!
- 1 (510 g) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour one 8x8-inch square glass baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1/2 cup butter, eggs and peanut butter; set aside half of the mixture.
- Transfer the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- In the microwave, melt 2 Tbsp butter, chocolate chips and the sweetened condenced milk, on HIGH, until all of the chocolate chips are melted; mix well to combine.
- Fold in the coconut, nuts and vanilla, into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the crust in the pan.
- Crumble/drop the reserved dough mixture over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- These bakes very fast, so watch closely.