- 1⁄2 lb shortbread cookie
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 lb chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush shortbread (not too finely) and mix with cocoa. Melt butter, syrup and sugar in a pan, then add biscuit/cocoa mix gradually, stirring well to mix. Press into buttered 8x8" square dish and leave to cool.
- Melt chocolate, milk and butter gently together, stirring. Spread icing over cookies. Decorate with sprinkles/jimmies, silver dragées, mini-M&Ms, etc, if desired. Cut into bars.