Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
My mother made these cookies every year for Christmas and they were our favorites, she always frosted them with pink peppermint icing. Mom would make them early and put them in the deep freeze. We would come home from school and sneak a few out everyday. Many years she had to make another batch before Christmas.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 414.03 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and melted chocolate.
- Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Sift together dry ingredients and gradually add to creamed mixture. Chill one hour. Drop by teaspoons on cookie sheet and bake @ 375 for 7-8 minutes.
- Frost with Pink Peppermint frosting *do not use mint flavoring it must be peppermint.