Chocolate Cherry Drop Cookies
photo by Chou7151
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together hot cocoa mix and water.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add butter, sugar and egg.
- Combine thoroughly, and add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Beat on high until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2-inch apart.
- Press a cherry into each cookie.
- Bake in oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Cookies may seem soft when taken out, but they will firm up as they cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The description of these cookies is right on - soft & tasty. I really enjoy the burst of flavour that comes from the whole cherry in the centre! Next time I make these I am going to change the method a little: I'm going to add the water to the butter mixture. When I added the water to the cocoa mix, it created a very thick paste & it was impossible to add the other dry ingredients evenly. Once the butter mixture was added, it took a long time to get everything thoroughly mixed.