- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt until well blended .
- cream butter and sugar until smooth in a eparate bowl, then beat in the egg and yolk. mix the sifted ingredients into the creamed butter slowly
- Divide dough and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- heat the oven to 375 degrees F and on a lightly floured surface roll out the chilled dough to about 1/6 inch thickness and cut dough into shapes. Be careful its sticky!
- Bake cookies 8 to 10 then let cool on sheets for a few minutes before removing them to a rack.