Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I recipe I came up with for my cookie tray this year
Make and share this Chocolate Cut out Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt until well blended .
- cream butter and sugar until smooth in a eparate bowl, then beat in the egg and yolk. mix the sifted ingredients into the creamed butter slowly
- Divide dough and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- heat the oven to 375 degrees F and on a lightly floured surface roll out the chilled dough to about 1/6 inch thickness and cut dough into shapes. Be careful its sticky!
- Bake cookies 8 to 10 then let cool on sheets for a few minutes before removing them to a rack.
A bit too chocolaty for my liking though my daughter just loved them. I think I'd made again but maybe halve the amount of cocoa. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for sharing.
We made these as drop cookies and filled some with Chocolate Cream Puffs With Almond Cream for an added treat. These cookies are crisp, and very chocolaty! The dough has a texture of refridgerator cookie dough. While adding the dry and wet ingredients it took a bit of coaxing for the ingredients to come together and it seemed to be too dry, but I stayed true to the recipe and found they turned out just the right consistency. Thanks for posting this nice chocolate lovers' recipe! ~Buddha
Great tasting cookies! Certainly not the soft, chewy kind, but that was OK by me, 'cause I found them to be exceptional for dunking into hot chocolate, as well as crumbled over some frozen peach yogurt! And just so you know, they were in the oven just a hair under 8 minutes! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]