I made this for my best friends birthday, went down a hit!
Make and share this Chocolate Cupcake Cones recipe from Food.com.
- 10 -12 flat bottomed waffle cones (recipe calls for 10 but I used 12)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 55 g butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 85 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons double cream (heavy cream)
- food coloring (optional)
- colored sprinkles
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place cones in muffin pan, checking for holes or cracks in the cones.
- Gently combine sifted flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and egg with a mixer on a medium speed until mixture is lighter in colour and no lumps remain.
- Add milk and vanilla, reducing speed to low and beat until smooth.
- Fold in flour mixture until combined.
- Place even amounts of the batter into each cone, gently tap the bottom of the cone to settle the batter.
- Bake cupcakes until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 20-30 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Combine butter, icing sugar, cream and vanilla. Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat until smooth - add colouring if you like and mix in
- Decorate cakes and sprinkle on sprinkles or go wild like me and dip them inches.