Hot Chocolate Cones
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup hot cocoa mix
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red and white M&M's plain chocolate candy (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 large red gumdrop
- Pour the cocoa mix into a 6 x 12 clear cone bag and seal with a clear rubber band; trim 1 inch above band.
- Place the filled bag into a second cone bag, flattening the top.
- Layer either the chocolate chips or the M&M candies followed with the mini-marshamallows.
- Top all off with a red gumdrop and sercure the bag with the last rubber band.
- Attach a tag for instructions on making the hot chocolate. Divide the hot chocolate mix into thirds, place in a cup and fill with 3/4 cup boiling water.
- Top each cup with equal amounts of chocolate chips and marshamallows, enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I make these to sell in my ice cream shop and they fly out of there! I purchased cone shaped bags with a snowflake print in bulk on ebay and make my own hot cocoa mix. I use mini chocolate chips in some and also Andes peppermint baking bits in others for mint cocoa. I don't use the gumdrop in mine. Recently, I started putting the chips and marshmallows in a smaller plastic bag before putting on top of the cocoa. This way, people can get to the cocoa easier. Thanks for posting this!
What a great idea! I have not made these yet, but I certainly will when the holidays start coming up. I can't wait to make these and put them in gift baskets for friends and family. I'm always looking for new and exciting things to put into cookie and gift baskets. I've never been one to just give ordinary baskets to people; they are just to boring. Anyway, thank you so much for this recipe. You have really helped me out. :)