Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are quick and easy to make and the children love them. The recipe is from a Junior School Parents Group Cookbook, UK., and has travelled all over the place. Alternative fillings can be used, i.e. ,cream with raspberries, cream with pineapple.
- Melt the syrup, chocolate and butter together in double-saucepan or microwave.
- Add the cornflakes and mix well, so that they are all well-covered.
- Press into lightly-greased ramekins, or large muffin cups, and hollow up the sides into nest shapes.
- There should be enough for 10 nests.
- Leave to cool and set.
- When set, turn them out by running a sharp knife round the edge of each nest.
- For the filling, simply whip the cream and add the grated chocolate- you may need to add sugar to the cream if you are using fruit.
- Decorate with mini-eggs.
I made these for my son's Easter Baskets this year. I topped with a marshmallow bunny and some Cadbury Speckled Easter Eggs. They looked so cute! I used small waffle cups to shape the nests, and they worked great!