Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Worth every calorie.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup corn oil
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- whipped cream
- fresh raspberry
- Line the bottom of a buttered 12 X 2 inch round cake pan with parchment paper and butter the paper.
- Dust the pan with flour, knocking out excess.
- Make the filling: In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla, flour and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make the batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the vinegar, oil and 2 cups water.
- Stir the vinegar mixture into the flour mixture until the batter is just combined and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Spoon the cream cheese filling into the cake batter by dollops, leaving a 1 inch border around the edge of the pan, and swirl the filling into the batter with a knife.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until it just pulls away from the side of the pan and center is just set.
- Let cake cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto platter, peel off parchment and let cool completely.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, combine the chocolates, butter and cream and cook the mixture, stirring, until the chocolates are just melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cake and with a spatula, spread it evenly over the top and side.
- Chill cake for atleast 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.
Great cake, I had my doubts about using 2 tbsps baking soda, but it worked out fine. I used Perfect Sweet Chocolate Glaze for the glaze. thanks for sharing Ev!
I made this for my SIL birthday and everyone loved it! Moist, dense chocolaty goodnes. I wasn't sure if the swirled cream cheese was supposed to go all throughout the cake or just on the top and in the middle(which is how mine turned out), but it was yummy! I served this with fresh sweetened whipped cream which I would say is a must. :-)